I am sort of infamous for my past jack-o-lanterns.
This is the back of the one I made for J's work last year.
The front had a paratrooper on it, but it did not photograph that well (I didn't think to take a picture until nighttime.)
This year, I did not feel up to shopping for a pumpkin and then going through the effort to carve it up, especially knowing I've set the bar pretty high...
but I did want to do something.
I have been looking around and realizing that I had all these stubs of candles. We have periodic power outages, and candles come in handy, however, we purchased LED lights and rechargeable emergency lights are provided by base housing. Candles are not permitted in household goods shipments, so when I leave, unburned candles will stay behind. So I went through my small containers (for plants), and put some candles up on my porch. As things are I am only able to keep plants in containers... My "garden" is pretty spare.
{These pictures sure were hard to post, and a pain to take.}
My garbage treasure elephant -found in two pieces-shows no signs of being glued back together.
This little wooden stool was made for me by my littlest sister, and houses our sidewalk chalk. The dish of white sea glass had a small candle set in it, but it burned away by the time I thought to get my camera out.
that jack o latern was awesome
ReplyDeletereally cool jack-o-lantern...PS check your email :)
ReplyDeleteCandles are a great idea! We bought a pumpkin and forgot to carve it. I will bake it in the oven tomorrow. We seem to go through a lot of pumpkin bread and pie!
ReplyDelete