Monday, October 12, 2009

Where have I been? Lazing about... oh and sick.

So, I have been off track a bit.

I had a few health issues make themselves known (in the most painful way) and have been sick and terribly uncomfortable.

But I am feeling better and resolving all these issues, so, back on track and will post pictures of sewing projects in the coming days.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry I called you a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antoinette, I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well - sending you lots of healthy wishes across the Pacific:-).

    I had a few ideas for your purse project, that may or may not be helpful, but I had been thinking about it.

    1. I have been reading all these business books and they keep stressing, How are you different from what's on the market. I was wondering if you had ever thought of using vintage fabrics, maybe from the 60's? I LOVE the colorful tableclothes, dresses, curtain in those wild psychodelic (sp?) colors, but would only want them in small portions, like a purse against a more neutral outfit.

    2. I also thought maybe you could use old Kimono fabric? I don't think I've ever seen that done in larger purses?

    3. What about personalizing the inside with a lovely fabric or maybe embroidering a quote or favorite line from a song. These days everyone seems to want something unique to them. I have no idea the extra time/cost to embroider as I can barely sew a button, but if you're looking for custom ordered purses, I think that could be a selling point.

    4. I just finished reading a book called De-Lux (don't have the author's name handy, and in it they talk about the enormous power of stylists in Hollywood. If you come up with your absolute best 20 or so, each unique purses, and shipped them to those stylists, you might just have a chance to have one of your pieces photographed on a star, then you're set!

    So some random thoughts. Wishing you good health and good business success! Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.