Earlier today, this was a gold size 10/11 ladies dress.
Now, it's a mermaid costume for a slightly short 3 year old. It's two pieces.
I am thinking of reworking the bottom or making a second version and then taking this one apart for something else. I used a pair of pants and not my daughters actual height for initial measurements, and then tried to fix it when it fit her too long. -I think I should have made a deeper triangle at the bottom to make the "flipper" look more wide. I am going to add spaghetti straps to it, to make sure it stays up. The top closes in the back with a long strip of velcro. The bottom has an elastic waist. It actually looks crazy cute on her. Considering that I am on a deadline, I want to get some work in on Elena's costume. I am going to use this same fabric to make the Jasmine giant gold jewelry. I have to figure out the scale on my little E and then use glue on clip on earring backs for the earrings and velcro for the necklace closure, I actually have no idea how it will work out and this is the part of the costume I am most worried about. It will probably be lost some time Halloween night, but I still have to take pictures for Daddy and everyone back home.
OK, wish me luck. If I have something decent I will try to post pics tomorrow.
So Adorable! You really impress me. You're going to e-mail us pictures of her wearing it, right?
ReplyDelete