Monday, October 19, 2009

The Park with the Big Slide, time with the little ones

This is at a park near our house.
There are so many great parks here. Sometimes the kids will settle for any public park, but other times I brave the traffic and we go somewhere special. Hey, it's a good time and it's free.
They can get up to the slide one of four ways, I choose the middle way, a winding stair case that avoids a seemingly stable but totally scary (especially for three year olds) bridge.

This is the "easy" side.

This is where the ride starts.











This is the bridge we avoid...
(There is also a rope wall on the opposite side, the most treacherous way from my point of view.) Here is video of the way down. No sound, just imagine you are hearing a chainsaw.


This is actually really slow, because I had Iz in my lap and E "surfing" the slide in a crouch position behind me, holding my shoulders. It's a good thing there's no sound because Iz was squealing in glee and terror alternately and I kept telling E to stop leaning on me so hard. Still, so much fun.

4 comments:

  1. I can see the hundreds of plastics rollers.
    They had those in the play places Jesse used to take us too when we were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun..they have a slide like that at a park near the top of tsukuba mountain where I live, and you can see all around for miles and miles while riding down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I GOT YOUR MIX!! It's going in the computer now...will listen to today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, and they said it would take UP TO SIX WEEKS! and was cheaper than I thought, too. Glad you got it. Will send another out in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.