I think this semi public forum is a good way to keep myself accountable. (I am taking a bit of inspiration from Frugal Millionairess and also, following through on things I've started recently) My Big project: my kernel of a business idea. I want to start a sewing/craft business and make things from repurposed fabric.... This is something I love doing. It's something almost from nothing, turning scraps that can't be worn into something usable. Utility is key for me. The diaper bag from an earlier post is an example.
These are of the bag I made my sister last summer:

The outside is purchased fabric (she chose it). The "hobo bag" style was also her specification.
Instead of tying the strap I used friendship pins as a nostalgic/punk allusion (I think it's sewn, but can be stitch picked out, too).

I bought six elephant buttons years ago, I decided to this one as my signature.

the lining is a pair of K's beyond patchable khakis
This is the ACU bag I made for myself.
It has a small piece of every kind of combat uniform my Paratrooper has worn. (The desert BDU lines the opposite pocket, and the pen pocket.)
This is the japanese fabric I lined my own bag with
and the pocket lined with a scrap from Js old BDU.
It's hard to tell but it has the pen pocket from the sleeve.
Wish me luck.
And, Sisters, if you happen upon a cool pattern or sewing book,
feel free to send it my way.
Also, any ideas or tips would be hugely appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.
I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.