Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stop Procrastinating, sometime before tomorrow...

[How we managed to have so many fast food packets of everything is beyond me]


Another one of my goals is to use all the stuff in my pantry that is taking up valuable and limited real estate.
I had all these packets of honey I was loathe to throw away, so I made a simple syrup from them to use in my tea. [boiled water + half part honey dissolved into it] I put it in a squeeze bottle from the 100 yen store. I used fast food ketchup packets in last nights meat loaf rather than go out and buy a new bottle until all those collected packets are used.

One of my favorite ideas: t-shirt quilts for the family.

I really really would like to have Big Kid's done by graduation. I am afraid aiming for Christmas would be too ambitious, but not... impossible. Maybe impossible.
I want to get more sewing projects completed. I have ordered patterns for Halloween costumes through Etsy for the girls. Iz wants to be a mermaid and E would like to be Princess Jasmine [currently her favorite princess, lets hope that holds for the month]. I've also got these great ball gowns to dismantle and make child princess outfits as well.

One of my biggest goals is to tame my messy house.
I feel comfortable with a small amount of clutter. Unfortunately, a small amount of clutter quickly grows out of hand and becomes a crazy amount of clutter that requires an attention span much longer than the good Lord blessed me with... I have been baby stepping it. I reorganized and purged the kitchen cabinets over the last two weeks. Starting tonight, I am going to work on this drawer full of paperwork that I am afraid of... I am sure half of it is garbage and one or two pieces are really important and deserve to be organized.

OK, wish me well. And if you want, Dear Reader, you can tell me about your secret procrastinating or projects you've put off too long, and perhaps will begin to finish, with me.

5 comments:

  1. I have two dresses and a coat I bought second-hand with the hopes of giving them back glory, by restitching cuffs, lengths, etc.
    They're in my closet. I'll probably end up getting to them when I gain a ton of weight and fix them up as motivation to lose it. Any way it goes, I'll probably never fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Antoinette! I am so proud of you for cleaning up that clutter.

    As for me, I still have a ton of junk in moms house. I tell peole that I simply have too much stuff- stuff i will not part with- and what i really need is my own house.

    Also, I have a million unfinished, half started projects. I have a dress that needs new buttons, a garden that is really just a small ditch, cards that should be made, messes that need cleaning, and food that needs to be purchased and made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I travel for work and have a ton of little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I decided this morning I am going to pour all the shampoos into an almost empty bottle this weekend. Same with conditioners. Then I can pop the empties in the recycling bin.

    My kids always laugh at how I save the duck sauce and soy sauces from Chinese take out. Next time I will just put them in the bottles when no one is looking. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remeber that Rage shirt from, like, high school. That quilt is going to be so cool. Be sure to take pics and send them when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill,
    I am the one who says, "Do we really need ten ketchups?" But over the last week we dropped a bottle of ketchup. We tried to save the contents left in the jar, but the plastic bottle was broken and there was a huge ketchup mess. So, we are down to packets, I went through, and made the "command decision" that these would get used before I go and purchase any more.
    Sisters,
    I recommend finishing one of these projects... and yeah, Sarah, it's THAT t-shirt worn WAY beyond wearable, but still loved. remember that old JB? Crazy.
    Good luck, to us all

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.