Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Doing well, rest is priceless

As much as I hate to be still like this, I have been enjoying some rest since I got home. 48 hours ago I woke up from surgery. I have been able to walk (albeit, uncomfortably) and help my kids pick out clothes. I have been more mobile than I anticipated. However, I am still in pain and foggy and nauseous from the pain medication.
The girls' costumes were finished in time (E gave me a pass on the princess Jasmine jewelry, because she loves me, and could see that I was struggling). In September I got K a creepy goth costume from the Thrift Store for$3 (including pants we saw at hot topic for $80). Dad is back early to help out. Thank GOD.

I really wanted to check in and say more, but I feel icky and want to go lie down now. Thanks for all your well wishes and emails.

3 comments:

  1. Just popping by and wishing you well. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please e-mail Halloween pictures ASAP! Of the girls and Kyle, too.
    Love you!
    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your surgery went well. Mom was really worried about you. But I was like- "Antoinette got hit by a car, mom. She's indestructible." I didn't really say it, but I think it all the time.
    Rest easy though, big sister. There will be a million billion more days for those Burks to need you, need you, need you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.