In the die cut room I had further inspiration.
I didn't have very good luck on black friday EXCEPT that the dollar items for fall were all 75% off. So I bought a few silicone spatulas (@ 25 cents each) and several of these "flexible cutting mats". I thought they would make good substitutes for template plastic (which I've had trouble finding). Using the die cut machine, it occurred to me that the cutting mats would make great stencils for little hands. I could cut them into quarters and cut tree and star shapes in a snap. Also, I decided that I should make some felt boards, with all the shapes available I could make up a winter forest theme AND a beach theme.... I haven't started yet, but I've had so many great ideas I hope it turns out well.
The other great gift idea I stumbled upon is book plates. I love bookplates. I love books. And I am one of those people who lends and loses. This is a nice way to put your name on something without going to obnoxious measures like using a sharpie to vandalize the fore edge. A link to my favorite book plate sources is on my side bar. They are free to print for non-commercial use. I went a little nuts printing a dozen or so that spoke a certain person's name to me. I used a cream colored construction paper for one. I wish I had cream colored printer paper. Then I ran them through the Xyron (it gives paper a sticky back) and cut them down at their borders. The look so sweet! They cost me the price of the paper and ink, a few feet of xyron refill, and a few minutes of my time. All things I already paid for or had available for free.
So, off to the craft store for more felt and to start on stencils and felt boards.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.
I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.