I started on my plastic templates. I am giving one to each of my girls for Christmas and sending some to my mom (an early childhood educator) for her kids.
My first attempt at pot holder was not a complete success, but I am stitch picking them and redoing parts.
A star for our Christmas tree.
I made this frame from a Japanese kit. It's cardboard covered in a washi paper and those are some family pictures.
Also there're some other things, like:
On going recycled crayons, trying different items as molds as well as different methods.
I don't know why I can't get these side by side, any tips?
And then these chessmen. They are missing some of their comrades and therefore are no longer fit to fight another match. My J was a little sad, until I said, half jokingly, Chess ornaments, anyone? And he grinned, You are Brilliant. Make it so.
And so I did.
You'll notice my cinnamon apple sauce decorations as well. 1 part apple sauce, 2 parts cinnamon, 1/2 part white glue, mixed until like clay, rolled and cut -reserve a small amount of cinnamon to be used as "flour" would be used in making pastry or pie crust. I used an old straw to punch holes, and embroidery floss to hang them with.
Martha Stewart's site has good directions for cinnamon birds.
I am very impressed by your apple sauce decorations! I really didn't notice them at first; do they smell as good as they sound?
ReplyDeleteThe cinnamon applesauce decorations smell wonderful. But you get used to the smell and stop noticing unless you are right next to the tree.
ReplyDelete