Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two thrift stores, $17.75

Isabel and I went to make donations and brought these things home, for 75 cents:


Then we decided to go to my favorite thrift store, where I got these things for $17:


a puppy toy ($3), he walks and barks and wags his tail (and Iz so very clearly loves him listening to her talk to him, watching her snuggle him and the look on her face have been really priceless),

four books (25 cents each), two mugs (50 cents each), some girl scout patches, a mirror comb set, a narrow cutting board, ten handkerchiefs (two brand new -I use them as wrapping, I have a serious weakness for charming handkerchiefs),

a three drawer cart, a Daisy Girl Scout canvas bag, a pad of paper and two clear blue back packs.

5 comments:

  1. when i was really little i remember totally loving those dogs that could walk. i saw some one time we were at the mall with mom and dad. $3 is a good price. i'm jealous. that's the kind of dog i want. no poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I want a litter trained (not really).

    I love dogs. I hate poop messes, and puddles.

    I remember you wanting one of these too, I wanted one, but you seemed to really really want one. They had white cats that you wanted. Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antoinette, I had that dog! I LOVED it. And considering I came home after vacation to dog poop tracked all over the living room and family room, I think the battery operated dog has some plusses;-) The neighbor kid watched Brandi, but apparently didn't notice she must have walked through some dog mess outside, then wandered all over the house - yuck! Congrats on your bargains. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Antoinette, thanks for your note...I always appreciated your comments. I am thinking of carrying on my blog later as just a personal blog instead of Japan-only stuff. Don't worry about the iPod case, if you do get around to making one, cool, but it's cool too if you can't. I have a glasses case that...never has my glasses in it, but carries my nano instead. I'm still gunna check my friends blogs here every once in a while so we'll keep in contact through here.

    TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen,
    Isn't it cool when something that appealed to us as kids connects with our kids as well? We had dogs in the States and even Sir Lancelot, the best dog ever had a few accidents that tried my patience and temper.

    Jonathan,

    Yay! I am so glad to know you will still be "around" the net. I am working on getting some of my stalled projects off the ground. I am making some mock ups and drawings (which for me is a shorter phase than "thinking about it" and making mental notes) for different kinds of cases.

    AB

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.