Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cleaning up at the Beach

In this bag there are foam soap bottles, empty tea cans and juice bottles, they are pretty gross and can't be recycled in this condition (we have to rinse/clean all recyclables).

there are a few glass bottles in this bag, all of which came home with me and joined my recycling glass.

I think this is a plastic fishing float from commercial fishing.



This particular trip these photos were taken I broke my found shoe record: 7 single shoes!!  Usually I find between three and five.

This was a beer crate, now full of plastic yuck.  While I reuse and recycle all the plastic that comes through our home, and use reusable cloth bags for shopping, I feel that there is so much work to be done in eliminating and/or further limiting the ubiquitous plastic bag.

In honor of Earth Day there are multiple planned beach/jungle/park clean ups in the works over the coming week.
However, we carry bags to collect and dispose of garbage on each beach trip (I mean, the girls and I).
Our local scouts (both girl and boy) will be out at the Marina next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.