So.
I am thinking about going to Mental Health and getting evaluated for ADD.
Just typing that has me sweaty and nervous.
But here's a list of the things I have done today:
Gone to the post office, [Easter package from mom] and had to come home instead of go off base because I forgot my cell phone. Swung by the Med Center because I knew I had (possibly forgotten) an appointment and couldn't remember when it was or find my appointment card.
Got home and called my mom, the Man happened to come by to get something for work. Iz found my cell phone.
Got engaged in a conversation with the Man about life the universe and everything -including buying me a toaster oven for crafts and pinking shears [which apparently will not ship here]. We logged onto Amazon and he bought me a brand name, less than $30, new toaster oven [I tried to buy one used and they run around $35 USED(?!)] with free shipping. This sucked up twenty minutes, we found his work thing and he emailed it to his work account, and he took a work call. I thought I'd wait for his call to end and spent the time paying my cable bill via the internet, but then I realized the time and I had to leave.
I drove to the commissary and realized I didn't have my wallet, because I'd left it next to the computer.
I drove home, logged onto the net and paid my cable bill.
Drove back to the commissary. I shopped, and ran into someone who is friendly and chatty like me and we talked so long her husband was checking his watch over and over until we said "later". Finished shopping, came home, unloaded the car in bursts because it's raining and I had to do it myself. Left the heavy groceries in the hallway while I rearranged the fridge, notice that my basil was looking iffy, so I started making pesto and preheated the oven for my lunch. I made frozen pizza and poured the pesto in a container. I started on a GS project, I went over my supplies, I misplaced and found somethings,
I have to put a lid on that pesto and fridge it and I have to write my Newsletter. So. Um... I did some over things, fed Izzy, and the cat, did some laundry...
But you know, I need to stick to a schedule, I need some focus. So. ADD or just, Antoinette?
Happy to take your suggestions and advice.
Will start on a daily schedule, any minute now... After getting E and setting up for the Daisy meeting.
Deep breath, I am OK.
PreK Activities For Your Whiteboard
1 week ago
Antointette, I laughed when I read this. I so know these days and I think every woman does - maybe some men too. So many times Greg has come home and asked (with no evil intent) so what did you do today? To which I respond with a blank stare and wonder myself. Keeping track of the 10 goals each day has had some effect, but often they account for maybe an hour of a 16 hour day, the other 15 hours......???
ReplyDeleteEileen, it's a comfort to know it's not just me, but I think some days it is especially me... I spent one day driving a new spouse around and found myself having to do five loads of laundry the next day and putting away/ sorting through all our clothes, which literally took up most of the next day. How can five people generate so much laundry? I use so much water, I hope someday that I find a way to offset this with a grey water system or the like, but right now, I just don't want to run out of socks and towels again. And matching socks is my least least least favorite chore. I think it falls somewhere near where changing diapers was.
ReplyDeleteAB