I have truly been enjoying Girl Scouts. Princess E insists she doesn't like it. But I've decided to stick with it even if she decides not to continue. Every time I tell her I am going to our meeting with or without her she decides to go with me.
So, Making the World A Better Place is pretty big, so I am reading the following at our meetings:
Daisies CAN
- Be kind,
- Help out,
- Show consideration,
- Participate in Recycling,
- Participate in Acts of Service,
- Learn about problems in the world (and how to fix them), and
- Learn to make good, thoughtful choices.
I am concerned that we didn't do enough this year on Respecting Authority and Respecting ourselves and others. I want to make sure the girls are safety conscious, but I don't want to scare them. It's hard with my own girls. There is an excellent book called "The Gift of Fear" that I read years ago, unfortunately it's not geared toward 5 to 7 year olds. When I was 6 the movie about Adam Walsh was shown on TV and it traumatized me for life had a huge impact on me, not necessarily a positive one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.
I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.