Furoshiki is done with reusable cloth instead of paper. You can buy premade pieces, use a handkerchief or bandana or make your own. [I also give gifts in reusable bags with felt instead of tissue paper. It has a similar effect as the tissue and can be reused or used for many purposes by the recipient.]
(Thanks to the blogger who made a b&w of this image I would love to post her blog and a link, and will as soon as I can find it. I saved this as a PDF and haven't been able to find her since. If you find her name please comment or email me!)
I love pretty wrapping paper, but it's extremely wasteful. Try wrapping with a nice cloth, it's pretty and fun.
Or this:
I mean, this is FREE and easy, and will meet up with her friends in the recycling bin once the occasion has passed. (This is a DVD for Erika, hope I didn't ruin the surprise.)
Just think before you buy another roll of Christmas wrapping paper.... There are a million ways to wrap without spending money, without wasting paper. I'll try to post more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.
I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.