Saturday, November 21, 2009

Look Around; Adventuring, not always cheap, but worth it.

Ie shima, from the ferry.
The wake from the ferry.

Ie shima, slightly closer...

We were driving along on our way to check out the YYY resort on Ie Island (Shima or Jima), when we passed an interesting site in the parking lot of a business/residence:
This is a WWII era anti aircraft gun .

The beach at Okuma (Joint Services Recreational Facility).
We went to Okuma to celebrate Daddy Boy's Birthday.





3 comments:

  1. Doesn't the idea of seeing a WWII anti-aircraft gun in Japan, as an
    American, make you kind of giddy? Regardless of what side it belonged to, it's kind of amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was so cool. Partly because now it is a yard ornament, or curiosity to lost tourists, and hardly sinister looking at all. My Boy posed next to it, but not blog appropriate, so I can email you one of those if I haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! Japan must be amazing.

    We like to take trips like that. I have a couple tricks up my sleeve for cheap trips. The first is my camera. ;) The second is a loaf of bread, a sausage, a knife and some good cheese. That is what we eat for lunch on nearly all of our outings. So easy to throw into a basket or bag and go! If it is me and the kids I can go crazy with the bento stuff... but if The Man's along, it is always mideviel fare. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.