E was so excited. She said this was the most beautiful time to go. When I impressed upon them that it would be dark soon, she said, "Let's stay until we run out of Sun". Which, as it turned out, was about an hour and a half after we'd arrived. We drove home in the dark. There were maybe ten people on the beach during sunset, afterwards, it was us and a hand full of people far down the right (all photographers).
Here's E pitching coral rocks back to the sea. These rocks are heavy. She is very strong.
And my little Iz burying her feet and staying clear of any possible shark attacks (which she is terrified of no matter what I say to her).
We brought Lunchables, an apple, and a 7up to share between us. I haven't seen two girls more pleased with a "picnic" in my life.
Somehow this reminds me of my own little sisters...I can't wait to see them. And hey, that meal does sound like a great picnic. Lunchables rule.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are so beautiful. I haven't seen a gorgeous sunset without a car, electrical, pole, or house in my eyeline in a very, very long time.
ReplyDeleteWill you be sad when you come home again? Okinawa seems so beautiful, so untainted and harmonious. I can't think of a place here we haven't imposed our modern nature into every photograph.
Jonathan,
ReplyDeleteLunchables do lose their charm in a Mommy's life, however, my kids think they rule, too.
Kathy,
If you look at the picture really well, you can see the buildings on the other side of the island, and a ship or two in the misty light. They are just very very far away. And these were taken on a military base, so you can bet that just out of my photos there are many signs of modern life....
But yes, I will miss it. Sometimes I find myself missing it now, worrying that I didn't learn Japanese, didn't go all the places I wanted to, didn't see everything or take pictures of my favorite things. But I am occupied by family life, and I am working on it.
i miss picnics with the girls. i miss them so much.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too Auntie Linda.
ReplyDelete