Sunday, November 15, 2009

Framed

I think that framing a little anything is nice.
Although they look sort of silly close up like this, I have a fair collection of simple things in frames, from items cut out of magazines, to photos of my kids I took to those handprints I was so excited about.
I am getting ready to go through Elena's Art and frame a few pieces. I just have to make a special thrift store trip and decide on a budget for frames. Some of her pieces are big or odd sized and I think it would be worthwhile to go to the frame shop and make some mats.
This tiny little 50 cent frame has a stamp in it.

Now, I am not trying to violate anyone's copyrights. But the one above is from a magazine, in a gold painted frame. And the one below was printed off the internet [you have to scroll down and choose it], explains the meaning of the Kanji for Okinawa, in a really lovely $2 thrift store frame with a bit of ribbon to fill in the space where the URL and date were printed on the page. I bought this frame because it was interesting. It's a large dark wood frame with a woven fabric inset. I took it apart to clean the glass and it was SO DIRTY, especially the fabric part. I think that if had noticed that at the store I might not have bought it, as cleaning it turned out to be VERY time consuming, but it is perfect for this piece of "calligraphy".
Here are the handprints from that earlier post. It seems like they are crooked in the picture, because it's in a narrow hallway and I took it from an odd angle and cropped and balanced it on the imac.
Of course, the teenager used his Left hand and tilted it, but then, that says something too doesn't it? I still want to dress them up, but I will need that Boy to do his over, so that it is centered for matting like the rest of ours. Perhaps will with re-do them on decorative card stock, I am not sure.

4 comments:

  1. I think the hands look great and you really don't need to redo The Teenager's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is balanced by E's and Iz's isn't it? Thanks for saying so.

    Having kids is a great excuse to to these silly things. I think we should do them every year. Next year, blue ink. To show the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jess has kinda small hands for being such a giant

    ReplyDelete
  4. He calls them his "girlishly small hands" but he makes up for it with his 13 1/2 sized feet, I think...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.