Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fulfilling some goals, coming short on others...

Well,  I have been taking two college classes in a "Winter Intensive" session.  Four weeks, four credits (a three credit class and a one credit class) that each contained at it's core one of my most dreaded things.  One class had speeches and the other had web based assignments.  Argh.  Well, that out of the way, let's hope I don't have any more speeches in my near future.  Web based assignments turned out to be not so bad.  I did have a near nervous break down when the system would not allow me to update and submit an assignment I spent a half hour or so on.  I probably spent more time trying to send it then I did doing the research involved.  A few problems with my printer had me on the brink as well.  And then there's the speech anxiety.  It was nice that it was a pretty small class, and I felt a lot of empathy with and from them.  We were actually a very diverse and interesting group.  I am going to miss our motley crew.
But...
My house is a mess.  I still have a box of Christmas stuff half filled in the living room.  (The shame.) And have only sewn one thing in over a week.  Socks need matching, husband needs snuggling, etc.

My next two classes don't involve speeches, and are only M-Th (I had two Sunday classes!  Really!) and not "intensive" so hopefully I will be less stressed and therefore less insane more easy going.  Hm...  I am hoping that later tonight I completely shed the anxiety of the last few days (four speeches in four days, I am surprised I didn't lose all my hair).  I don't even care if I get a B.  No, that's a lie.  I do care, but... Oh well.
So, sisters of mine, I am not ignoring you, nor have I forgotten you.  Friends, forgive my silence.

More blogs to come.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I thought you forgot us. It was nice read your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I actually mentioned you in two of my four speeches. One was mostly about Erika (a non blood relation that is one of my favorite people, some people did family members anyway, so maybe I misunderstood or it was just a suggestion), and one I just mentioned that I come from an artistic/creative family.
    I think I am going to go in to get tested for ADD. It was really hard to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.