Monday, January 18, 2010

Doves, materialized

I love this shirt, while it's mostly around the house casual wear, I was so sad when I noticed two pale bleach smudges on it.  One, right under the neck line.  Argh.  So tossed it my patch pile for a while and let it marinate in the back of my head.  I was thinking of wings.  For a while I wanted military-ish airborne wings, but then, doves began flying in my imagination and I started seeing them everywhere.  Doves it was.  Finally I matched some grey felt to it, and cut some doves out... I may sew the edges down better later.  I just needed to salvage this before it spent too long in my sewing pile.


2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.