I am trying to stay out of thrift stores and have done alright, I went six times in the last 45 days. I bought myself shoes one day and forgot to take a pic and went in once and left with nothing. Of all the things pictured, the only one that I think twice about now is the fabric in the photo below. If you can think of anyone who would want it email me...
I know there seems to be no rhyme or reason here,
glass canister (for the kitchen), 3 large and four regular sized foam sheets (we will be making foam stampers soon by the looks of it), black felt, some health care themed fabric, a fork (for a project I've been considering), an ice cube try, a nail file (always in need of a nail file), neat blue tin (now holding our broken crayon collection), custard cup (the perfect sized for kid servings) and round labels. My total was $4.50
blue sear sucker cloth (I'm thinking summer shorts for E and Iz) two American history [post civil war] text books, a neat organizer, a mulicolor stamp pad three other books (one hard cover) I also bought a stamp of the heads side of a quarter that seemed to immediately walk off (probably with Iz) when I unpacked this bag I spent $7.75, I think. If I spent more I forgot to include those items in the picture.
It was half off day and the girls and I made out like bandits, There's the super cool guitar bag for E, three foam stampers, two easels, a bag of little toys, a book about teaching, a new package of note cards, two little cosmetic cases (to tame the abyss that is my hand bag) a charming handmade greeting card, a small binder, and a charming little tea cup that matches some of my plates. I think I spent six bucks, but thinking about it now I think I was mistakenly short changed, it's OK. -Wait, I also got this little pendant:
A really cool old school military-type back pack (perfect for my little bike rides). I love this thing ($3!!!) some magazines, Where's Waldo in Japanese, two empty scrapbooks and three books, AND
I bought five little boy clip on ties that went in a box for Rachel lady (aka, Mom) and her preschool class' dramatic play area. Total spent $6.45
Where's Waldo in Japanese? Awesome. do u remember my Where's Elvis?
ReplyDeletevery jealous of your thrift store finds
ReplyDeletei'm jealous that linda comments on your blog and not mine. i believe it's buz she loves me less.
ReplyDeletebe careful about what you send to mom!!
ReplyDeleteI am trying to help her purge her stored resources. You should have mom make a list of things she actually needs/wants and a list of things she can't accept, so it will help you to pick what things you can get for her.
Well, Kathy, if there was a right way to take that, I can't see it.
ReplyDeleteI am always thinking about just popping into the thrift store, but I resist the temptation unless it's half off day or some specific promotion, or I need something specific that they will definitely have - like a bowl or a towel for the car, etc. Otherwise, the temptation to bring something home that is potential clutter is as soon something I'd rather not deal with.
ReplyDelete