Sunday, February 21, 2010

Long time no post and T-shirt dresses from Instructables

OK, I apologize for having dropped off the earth for a bit.  

I have a very full plate, and a  limited amount of energy and attention to spare.  Also, that Man of mine has been having terrible back pain that, initially diagnosed as something that just needed a bit of rest, requires surgery.  So I have been and will be busy with him.

But, amid the half started papers and half hearted studying, I have completed some really cool t-shirt dresses.  When  I saw this on Instructables the idea lodged itself into my head.  I've made three over the last 36 hours (did other things too, but none as cool to share).

Front, then back:

One of many promotional Ts Dad has brought home.

The front of the prototype: 
I loved the print on this long sleeved thrift store find, but it was too big for me and too small for Dad, so What to do? I immediately thought of this shirt when I saw the tutorial.  I added the pockets as requested by  Princess E.  (She was concerned that the dress I made for Iz [not pictured] was better than hers, because it had a pocket, therefore, E needed TWO pockets. Iz told me, sweetly, that she is just fine with one.)

4 comments:

  1. so cool! good to hear from you again. love you,
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . and linda has got more rhymes than she's got dark hair, and that's a lot because she has her share.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.