Thursday, February 4, 2010

Flower "Corsage"

My little Daisy is getting ready for Thinking Day.  In fact, her whole troop spent our last meeting up to their elbows in beads, crayons and glue.  
I will post those, as well as some directions, but first, today's project: flower bell corsages, made from [mostly scrap] felt I die cut at the craft store.  






A big box of safety pins $0.88 
Felt (four sheets) $1.25 (plus felt on hand from other projects)
bells 420¥ [22bells/100¥ + local consumption tax]
Lets say under $7 for 60 or so corsages [that's four for each girl to swap], they'll run about 8 cents each.  I'll have both felt and safety pins left over.   
This is actually more than I would normally spend on a single kid craft (I seem to be spending more than I intend to a lot lately), but I like developing the idea, and I've been playing with the felt/fabric corsage idea for a while.  I like these for Valentine's day and Mother's day, and will use it as part of an upcoming birthday gift.  I think I am going to a variation with t-shirt scraps as well

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.