A few days ago I was pointedly not taking any pictures because I had lost my camera and was afraid Jesse would find out and be sad and disappointed with me.
For those of you who do not know me well, losing things is my unfortunate and unintentional Magical Power. I can lose something I just held in my hand three seconds ago. I could spend hours looking for it and find it somewhere I never was or in a place I looked three times before. It's an aspect of the tiny black hole that is somewhere in my general vicinity. My first ipod, japanese phone, red wallet and Virgin Mary medallion are all in there.
Just after cringing through the painful admission that I had "misplaced my camera, somewhere, but probably in the house so it's not technically lost" I quickly ran through all the places that I had not yet looked. The bottom of my closet, the bottom of the girls closet and the under the stairs storage area already having been eliminated, I suddenly thought of the area behind my printer. I lose pens back there all the time, and single paged documents that I put on top of the printer and promptly forget about often end up there as well. So I slid my printer out (it's on rollers) and lo and behold: the strap to my camera was immediately visible. A little digging and reaching and it was found. Yay!
While looking for a lost earring (which remains lost today) I found my star sapphire ring that I was sure had fallen off my finger while I was out and about, under my bed. Yay!
So. Still losing things, but hopefully, finding more things in the meantime.
PreK Activities For Your Whiteboard
1 week ago
i don't lose things that often. like mom always loses her glasses and i don't get it. your lives are much more complex then mine, though, so maybe that's it. or maybe i'm just really anal about always having things in their place. like i remember mom and dad always losing sizzors, so i make sure mine are always in the same spot. but you have children who can move your stuff, and you have much more stuff.
ReplyDeleteI have always been like this, since I can remember. Don't you remember that about me? How mad I would get when you moved something without telling me and I looked for it and thought I had lost something AGAIN?
ReplyDeleteI have lost things before and frustratingly searched every room in the apartment only to realize the item was in my hand, but generally I am decently organized.
ReplyDelete