I wrote this a while back and got interrupted for lunch, but it's kept:
As I type, Iz and I are listening to my itunes and shaking what God gave us and singing our little hearts out. (The Man and Princess E have great big hearts, but they don't have the time to sing like we do)
She's figured out itunes to the extent that she "just clicks 'til there's songs and then press the triangle button". (She's slated to become our electronics whiz.) If Macs aren't user friendly to anyone out there, you must be younger than three....
Our playlist:
Another One Bites the Dust -Queen
Escapade -Janet Jackson
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough- Michael Jackson
One Way Or Another -Blondie
La Dicha Mia -Celia Cruz
Take A Chance On Me- ABBA
Walking on Broken Glass -Annie Lennox
More Time -needtobreathe
99 Red Balloons- Nena [Have you seen the Red Balloon? I think I need to buy it, although, if I remember correctly I'll cry and cry.]
Pink Houses -John Mellancamp
If You Steal My Sunshine- Len
It Takes Two-DJ EZ Rock and Rob Base
Ch-Check It Out- The Beastie Boys
I think she is the cutest person I have ever met in my life, and one of the most fun. Unfortunately I don't always have the time or opportunity to "just dance".
PreK Activities For Your Whiteboard
1 week ago
cool songs. i get Janet Jackson's Escapade in my head sometimes, though i haven't heard it in FOR EV ER. i remember us singing another one bites the dust with Juan when we were little. i only know who Celia Cruz is because she sings on a Wyclef song, but i like her.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so fun! I have NO music abilities and Kai at 2 loves to sing and dance and I keep telling myself I need to fill the house with more music. Your post is a good inspiration. At over three, I'm not real computer literate, and haven't even figured out the hundred channels of music that come with our t.v. package, but I'll try to figure it out for the little guy's sake so we can get some tunes blasting this summer.
ReplyDelete