I am having one of those days. No one of those all the time kind of days when I am so busy I have to shower after 1am and scrub a the tub while showering, but one of those days that comes after a series of the all the time worn out and busy kind of days and just before a lot of big changes happen. Does any of that make sense?
I am trying to clean out our house, it's a constant struggle, but it's also a part of our Big Kid moving out next week. Isn't that wild? We worked very hard today and didn't get halfway done. Last month it seemed like he had plenty of time and now.... Now we are two days behind schedule and [his stuff] MUST be done by Tuesday. Tokyo time. So.
I had to force him to throw out a bunch of junk. Some other junk he convinced me he would save even though I argued against it. Not real arguing. We are too near his leaving to do any real arguing, just sort of soft ball back and forth. And laugh at each other. He still has about four loads of laundry to do, and I am doing them for him, so he can hangout with his girl friend before he leaves.
Now to watch Fantastic Mr. Fox to inspire me to dig myself out. (The girls and I just took a Chalk Walk, which may be my favorite harmless but slightly subversive new activity.)
PreK Activities For Your Whiteboard
1 week ago
Ants and I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox yesterday. It was hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI'm all about giving up! Seriously.
All I want to do is nothing. My soul is worn smooth around the edges and I feel like I could run away and run and run. And then I don't. I take a deep breath and occupy my brain with a menial task until I can deal.
ReplyDeleteI have not gotten to that means of coping. I choose sleep in unhealthy amounts.
ReplyDeleteI don't have that luxury. I am on three hours of sleep last night. I will DEFINITELY need a nap today.
ReplyDelete