Sunday, May 16, 2010

No posting, but still busy and doing all the time....

I haven't blogged. I got caught up in a couple of projects and the everyday aspects of everyday Life. I am trying to eliminate all the eating out that we do, which is hard when I have a hardcore craving for wonton soup... I am going to make pasta with pesto for my lunch to stave off any hasty thinking/purchasing. And staying out of thrift stores wouldn't hurt me. I need to refocus my priorities and get the Real stuff done. (Loads of laundry washed and put away included.)
My daughter happened to mention to her Kindergarten teacher that her Mommy can make new crayons out of old ones. So I spent a few days turning two plastic totes of old gnarly crayons into lots of other crayons...

Once I filled an entire tote with new crayons her teacher said "WHEN!" (She had more than enough for twenty kids to use and use through the end of the school year, so she said I could stop, so I made some for myself [my girls]:)


I think these will be great for rubbings. I love rubbings, now how to incorporate that into a Daisy meeting. I am also trying to collect used crayons from my daughters school, and hoping that someone has a bunch because this is part of my craft night idea....
Also, I have been spending way too much time getting lost online: www.kireei.com (google translator will give it to you in English) and http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/.
I need to finish my decluttering and start crafting and sewing seriously again. I really need to get Kyle's T-shirt quilt done. I am actually thinking that I may take it with me on vacation I am so far behind on it. That would bother the Man though... Hm....

1 comment:

  1. Antoinette?
    Are you making Kyle a t-shirt quilt out of his old clothes? I have a few shirts of his when he was small. I had been saving them for him, to give to him when he's older- but I love t-shirt quilts, and I think that's just as good as the shirts themselves.

    Would you like me to send them?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.