Saturday, July 25, 2009

To waste is a sin

I am married so someone who throws things away.   I mean, things he could still use.  Things that could go in the recycle bin, bottles that still have shampoo or ketchup in them.  Things that I don't consider "garbage".  

This is the same man who would slam on the breaks at a yard sale sign (how romantic) and say, "Write this down, babe!" so I could jot down the address.  The man who co-invented "garbage walking" (ie trolling the neighborhood on the night before large item trash pick up) as a family event.  [I like to call it Treasure Hunting, but he still says "So what did you get from the garbage?"  I like it best when he says, "What did you SAVE from the garbage".  Though I feel that makes me sound more OCD than I actually am.]  Perhaps he thought I might outgrow the urge to poke through the neighborhood trash.  But I refuse to.  I can't.  I am cheap all the way through.  Just because I COULD buy something new does not mean I SHOULD or that I HAVE to.

But let's return to my point:  Why doesn't he put the cardboard in the paper bin?  Why do the newspapers end up in the kitchen garbage can?  Why doesn't he empty and rinse his soda cans? Maybe he just expects me to do it.  And I will.  Because to waste is a sin.  And this will weigh heavily against his Karma, I am sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.