The Japanese use a hand up hand waving guesture for come here that's similar to the way Americans wave goodbye. The way a cat grooms itself is similar to this come here guesture.
These beckoning cats are everywhere, inviting love, visitors, customers, etc, depending on which paw it waves, what charms it wears what color it is and so on.
This site displays some cool ones:
Hi Antoinette. Cats are great. I'll answer your questions...I've been trying to write a fantasy novel for years, but never finished a complete draft until I moved here to Japan. I don't really speak spanish, I just remember a lot of words from high school spanish class. I really like it out here so I decided to stay longer than a year...and even more if I can find a new job here after this year. Tokyo really tempts me, big cities like that feel like freedom to me. You are Linda's older sister right? How did you come to Japan?
ReplyDeleteOkinawa sounds really great. I checked my Japan map and it's an island to the west? I didn't have any plans yet to go anywhere during my August summer break, but it's the longest break I've got, three weeks. Maybe I can take a couple weeks and go to Okinawa, do you know if it is real expensive? The furthest I've travelled so far is Hiroshima, the train ticket for that cost quite a lot if I remember, I think 30,000 yen.
ReplyDelete