(I totally screwed up the pictures for this, Sorry.)
I made this diaper bag for a fellow Army Wife from from an old set of her husband's ACUs and a pink gingham fabric she chose. The first two pictures are the back and front outside of the bag. The front has the pockets from the front of the uniform top. She wanted them straight instead of canted. I lined the ACU print pockets with the pink print and the pink pockets are lined with uniform pieces. The back has a long deep pocket big enough to hold a standard folder, for all those pieces of paper the docs give Mama at a check up, or you get when you are out running errands. The pocket directly over that can hold a notebook, and then, over that pocket I placed pen pockets [originally on the left sleeve of the uniform top] over that. The next pics are the inside. I show some of the inside pockets, including one for a tube of diaper rash cream and the bottle pocket (one of two), which can hold a 16 oz water bottle or wider sized baby bottle. The last picture shows a big inside pocket for her things with a little pocket for her cell phone. The bag does look a little lumpy, but I took these pictures almost as soon as I finished the sewing, and before I gave it a final pressing. I also made a diaper changing pad with vinyl that had a gingham print (a lucky find) that matches the bag.
okay, so even though im not the camo stuff, this is seriously impressive.
ReplyDelete