I was having a very low moment, when my eye caught this, and my camera pulled me up.
Driving down a country road in my hometown, with the Great E, to see if it's still all it's cracked up to be. And yes, the sunset in Madera CA is still impressive as you can imagine. I never realized how breathtaking the expansiveness of the Cental Valley is. In juxtaposition with island life, it's just... orchards as far as they eye can see, followed by vineyards for acres, followed by open grazing land, railroad tracks, river beds.... I didn't notice it when it was all I knew, I thought it was pretty and not much more.
Standing in the middle of the street to take a dozen or so snap shots in the failing light was certainly an experience.
The best I could do in the middle of the night, but this is downtown Waikiki at night, from our balcony.
Harpoon missile, impressive, eh?
I love the 51cent penny, because something in my brain says "SHINY! That's my second favorite color!" [Inside joke. But in case you were wondering, my first favorite color is sparkly (as far as that joke goes).] Next time I go to Hawaii I will definitely have more shiny pennies on hand (we don't use pennies overseas, something about rounding and weight).

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.
I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.