Last night I finally did some big furniture moving as part of my master plan.
So, here's to sharing: We put the girls in the big room. With the Big Kid gone, that leaves the little room for my craft stuff. But, I still have to organize all the girls stuff into the big room. Moving both beds was the step one, half completed before our trip, fully completely as of last night. Now to step two: assembling both beds as bunk beds. I'll need help for this one. But before I even do that I have deal with their stuff, which has exploded everywhere since we got home. It's as if they had to rifle through all of their belongings to feel at home. We did a fifteen minute de-clutter last night. The garbage bag was roughly equal to the keeper bag and the give away bag was pretty good sized. I think if we do two of these a day for a week, I could feel better about life. I am starting with their stuff, because I need that little room clear to get down to my craft stuff, once that's out of the dining room, I can declutter it, AND get the living room/dining area shaped up. I am also trying to empty a container for the stuff they don't want but I am sentimentally attached to. I know... But there are only a few things, and at least they will be out of the way.
My goal, unattainable though it now seems, is to have the downstairs and girl's room nice enough to have a party here, for one of their birthdays. Is that crazy? It feels crazy right now. But if I stick to my plan, it might be workable with no tearing out of hair or crying fits.
But that's a real goal: Two declutterings a day. One midmorning and one evening/night. The girls room. The little room, The dining area... Wish me luck and pray for me.
PreK Activities For Your Whiteboard
1 week ago
i'm so happy for you that you will now have a craft room!
ReplyDelete