Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ninja Arborists



Finally I can show you the tabi shoes.

I want a pair. They are more than I would normally pay for shoes for myself... (meaning more than ten dollars)... But they look so cool! There is a uniform shop not far from J's work that probably has my size. I have considered this as an option for my Halloween costume, but... I have also considered wearing my burka. So perhaps I will dress as a mom and wear my black halloween t-shirt and skull vans.

A crew of men came and trimmed back the jungle over hanging the back yard and porch of our housing unit. It makes a huge difference. Less piles of leaves to rake up, and hopefully no giant fallen branches in our yard from the next tropical storm.

8 comments:

  1. Of course I took this picture!

    I ran up to the crew as they were arriving and picked out the most Okinawan looking man and said, "Sumimasen [excuse me] a picture, onigaishimas? [please]" He pointed to himself with a question on his face, "you take? Me? Hai, Yes, OK" And then he stood up tall, and I framed him up and snapped one and only one. I said, Domo Arigato Gozaimasu [very polite thanks]. Then I scurried off in glee, satisfaction and slight embarrassment. The crew seemed amused with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am impressed with your bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be funnier if I hadn't refrained from taking this same style picture about a dozen times for fear of looking odd.

    In the end I convinced myself that it didn't matter if I do look odd, I probably look odd all the time without realizing it in addition to the times I know I look frazzled and distracted, so what was there to lose? With this great picture to gain, not enough to stop me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love his clothes. but i would totally try to wear that outfit and kathy would tell me i would a weirdo.

    but i do not like those shoes. they freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so comfy. Did you wear the tabi socks? They rock. It takes a while to get used to. I think I am going to ask my friend Etsuko to go with me to the uniform shop and buy the pieces...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.