Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gratitude is free, this craft, around $4


Dinner was at my parents' house, with my sisters, brother in law and all of us, except the Big Kid.  He was otherwise engaged, but there "in spirit" via a text message he sent me with the four things he was grateful for.  I got this idea from Chica and Jo.  I wasn't able to get the wreath form they recommended, so I just used what I could find.  The girls painted the clothespins with minimal supervision (meaning: somewhat carelessly).  When they dried, we took each three or four and wrote what down things we felt grateful for.  It was interesting, afterward, to hear what others said, and try to figure out who said what.  My mom put her glasses back on to read them and exclaimed, "Who said lazy weekends!  Oh! Long Hugs, that's definitely K****!"   She was right.  I am grateful for my family every day.  Even the days spent in shoe stores where I am repeatedly embarrassed by their loud raucousness.  [They think they are rock stars.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.