Monday, November 29, 2010

I almost forgot how to do this...

My princess E on Halloween.  This dress was completed in about five days, (two sewing days)
thanks to Wal-Mart, my best friend's mom lending me the use of her very fancy machine, and my dad taxi-ing me around for notions.  It is a bit on the big side, but the next size smaller would've been too snug to wear sweat clothes over, and it was a chilly night.

I have been neglecting this poor blog for so long.
Our family completed an overseas move, back to the US.
We have been moving out of our old home, traveling and getting settled in a house.

Which meant I had to sew a dress before my sewing machine arrived by using someone else's machine.
And that I've had to figure out how to make meals without the benefit of an oven or a full sized refrigerator...  Moving sucks.  We got rid of lots of things with the idea that we would buy new ones once we got settled.  But considering the expenses of relocating, some of those things have yet to be replaced, and other things (fridge, washer dryer) took priority over comfort items, or even things that we could use, but don't need.
Aside from all those complaints, it's really wonderful to be within close driving distance of my parents and sisters.  And I am tough and can definitely take these minor adjustments.  Mostly I feel extremely lucky.
There is a lot yet undone, and occasionally wake up with dread that I have forgotten something, or that I will forget something, or that my daughter has no clean socks to wear in the morning.
But, I do remember how to do all this...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!!! Good wishes getting settled in and how nice you'll be by family.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.