The downside to spring is terrible allergies that mask terrible colds, the upside is the very common gorgeous view, and the promise of almonds, peaches, cherries... and all that.
Life keeps happening. Kids get colds that get worse instead of better, the cat pukes on my bed, just after I laundered the comforter, the dog brings some fleas in with him from outside, homework is due, bills are due, the shining sun reminds me I forgot my sunglasses. So, Daddy does what used to be Mommy Duty, and takes the kids to the doctor, I have the comforter cleaned again, we research and implement as many anti flea remedies as is safe for kids and pets, I study until 1 or 3 am, and nap when I can. Bills get paid, homework gets done. And I stand in the sun with my eyes closed for the most brief and very longest five seconds, smell the blossoms, hear the bees and thank God for "most this amazing day", poetry, sun, kids, puky pets and the love of my dear Big Man.
I am doing my best to keep plugging away. I have so many things on the back burner, or on the periphery that I have to face every few days. Such as: housework, housework, more unwanted housework, and then, all the crafts and sewing projects I don't have the heart or time for. Sometimes, though, I just want to eat candy and watch The Closer while locked in my bedroom.
But... The sun feels hopeful and full of promise.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAll I want to eat candy and listen to harry potter.
ReplyDeleteDo you think avoidance and procrastination are genetic?
Yes, Kathy, they must be.
ReplyDelete