Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spendy Saver...

I have coveted one of these since I moved here:
Noren, these sort of door curtains that the Japanese use to divide spaces are one of my favorite things. I hadn't purchased any though, because I don't know why.  I loved THIS specific print, not just any old one.  Finally one day I decided to get all my yen change together and drive across town to get it.  I got ten percent off on this one because it was the display, and the store keeper could not say when he would get a similar one in.  It cost about $15.  

A few days later, at a second hand store, I spotted this beauty:


It's faded, and it is a different pattern, but still beautiful, still charming.  And $2.  What luck.  What a nice souvenir it will be of Okinawa, perhaps it's future will be as a guard for a bedroom door, or keeping the sun out of  a hallway once we are stateside

1 comment:

  1. Antoinette,

    Just stopping by to say a quick hello! Thought the dragon curtain was awesome as was the cupcake display and the "daisy dinner". Good wishes. Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.

I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.