So much sewing, because, for some reason, masochist/perfectionist/cheapskate that I am, I decided that plastic or paper treat bags are beneath me. I thought that fabric bags, that I could make from whatever scraps I had already laying around (note that this entire project made just a wee dent in my fabric stash) would be far nicer for our guests. Actually, after the first three bags, this went very smoothly, I gave myself a quota of three a day two weeks in advance, after ten bags I skipped two days and did the remaining ten over the following two days. The red bag was a custom request from Iz. There was just barely enough fabric for the bag and strap, so hers was unique. The other fabrics were from curtains that had to be cut down to the proper length, scraps from previous projects, and a pair of pants that I was never ever ever going to wear (though the were made from a fabric I fell in love with.
(My feet are in this picture because somehow I forgot to crop them out. Please do not look at them.) I used heat n bond, felt, and clip art images to make these banners.
Initially we had decided this design would be perfect for shields, but shields suggested swords and, while I am not afraid of a few wooden sword duels, we agreed that other parents may not feel the same way, and this was inviting some kind of terrible kid party shenanigans. So I just used the idea to make a flag.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to leave one.
I sometimes comment back in the comments section, so keep a look out for a reply.